A little over a year ago, I started going to a new dermatologist and it has been a life altering experience. Dr. Macrene Alexiades has simplified my beauty regime and my skin has never looked better! Added bonus, I am no longer spending money on the newest and “best” skincare products, which was taking a toll on my wallet and never getting me real results. I decided to be brave and share an unedited, makeup free photo as proof of the great results you can get from finding a good dermatologist and sticking to a regime. The above photo was taken this morning in my bathroom. I wanted to share some general beauty products I love, but also some skincare tips that have simplified and changed my life.
1. Always, always, always wear SPF. No excuses. My dermatologist recommended Skinceuticals SPF 50 Mineral Block to me and I have been using it ever since. In an article online, Dr. Macrene Alexaides says, “I do not trust toxic chemicals, so I found the best mineral block on the market and it is sheer. It also does not break you out.” She also highly recommends Neutrogena sunscreens.
2. In the morning simply rinse the skin with lukewarm water. “You only need to wash with water in the morning. Use lukewarm water. Many people use their soap or cleanser in the morning and then start the day inflamed. Save your cleanser for evening.”
3. I use a Sumadan Cleanser which I get by prescription from my Dermatologist.
4. I use 37 Extreme Activities Moisturizer it’s oil free and an all in one product.
5. Drink water. I have a water bottle on me all day long!
6. I always wash my face before bed, never wear makeup to bed!
7. No matter how much you want to, do not pick!